As a Team Captain, your major responsibilities will include:
One of the hardest things you may encounter as a team captain is recruiting employees. You will want to recruit participants from every area or department, which may prove difficult. Here are some general ideas that have worked in the past:
- Choose a few people from your main departments to help you recruit.
- Meet on a regular basis with these individuals to plan and implement your strategies.
- Get the word out! Communication is the key. Bulletin boards and information given out with paychecks is a good way to get the message out, but don't rely on these alone. One-on-one communication is the best way to reach everyone.
- Use the Entry Form and Event Calendar in the Corporate Challenge Handbook or on the Registration web page to find out which events employees want to participate in.
- Make numerous copies of the Corporate Challenge Official Entry Release Form and give them to each department. Some companies created waivers for each event to be signed by participants, or you can find our form on the Registration web page.
- Take advantage of email and the YMCA website. All event updates and event descriptions are on our site.
- Weekly employee meetings are a good way to present the program. It is a chance to tell people what Corporate Challenge is all about and answer any questions.
Fill Out Forms
- Fill out the Official Entry Form with number of participants competing in each event, total number participating, and your company division.
- Get every participant to sign the Official Entry Release Form. Return all signed forms to the YMCA.
- Fill out Participants in Team Events forms with names and ages.
- Attend the Captains Meeting.
- Be the liaison between your employees and the YMCA.
- The Participation Fee is based on how many individuals/teams compete in each event. The fee amount will be mailed to the team captain by October 15, 2019. Any payments received after December 10, 2019 will be assessed a 10% late fee.
August 19, 2019
Captains Meeting at 9:00 am at the Southeast YMCA.
- Receive brackets
- Answer questions
August 21, 2019
All registration forms due:
- Official Entry Form
- Official Entry Release Form
- Participants in Team Events Form
December 10, 2019
Participation fees and sponsor fee due to the YMCA.
- The Participation Fee is based on the number of individuals/teams that compete in each event.
- The Sponsor Fee is based on the size of your company. See Eligibility and Divisions to determine your company's fee.
- The Participation Fee bill will be mailed to the team captain by October 15, 2019.
- Final payment is due to the YMCA by December 10.
- Payments received after December 10 will be assessed a 10% late fee.