Financial Assistance for Summer Camp at the Y
We are pleased to announce the Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from those who would like help covering their children’s 2020 Summer Camp registration fees for Camp Arrowhead or Sports Camps. The deadline to submit applications for Financial Assistance is Thursday, April 30, 2020. Please submit your completed materials at the Welcome Center at either Branch or via mail. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted due to security concerns. We hope to see you this summer!
Summer Camp Financial Assistance Application and Materials
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
- Complete and submit the YMCA Summer Camp Financial Assistance application.
- Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
- Include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
- Attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable.
FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Receiving Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via mail by May 15, 2020 regarding the status of their application.
No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the May 15 notification deadline, if a letter is not received by that date.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive FA:
- The amount of FA awarded can only be earmarked to the 2020 Summer Camp season for Camp Arrowhead or Sports Camps and cannot be applied to any other Y program. Please note: Financial Assistance cannot be redeemed for any Specialty Camps, Gymnastics Camps, or Extended Day.
- At the time of camp enrollment, Summer Camp FA recipients will need to schedule all payments and have a billing method on file. Camp enrollment must be done in person at either the Southeast or Northwest Branch of the Monroe County YMCA. Please note the Summer Camp Financial Assistance approval notification letter must be submitted at the time of Summer Camp enrollment.
Financial Assistance for Membership
FA applications for Y membership will be accepted starting November 1, 2020. This process is entirely separate from the current Summer Camp application process.