We are pleased to announce the Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from individuals who would like Y membership support for the 2020 calendar year. The Y FA applications for membership will only be accepted from Friday, November 1 through Saturday, November 30, 2019. Please follow the instructions below on how to apply for financial assistance.
If you have any questions about the application process, you can contact the Monroe County Y either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (812) 332-5555.
We wish you and your family the best of health!
Financial Assistance Application and Process
In order for a prospective applicant to be considered for FA, the following actions are required:
- Submit a completed YMCA Financial Assistance application.
- Submit a copy of your 2018 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040, pages 1 and 2 only, or 1040EZ). Please mark out all Social Security numbers and tax ID numbers on submitted paperwork.
- Submit two consecutive pay stubs for each income-earning member within the household. If you are unemployed, draw social security, or are a full-time student, please provide a summary of your unemployment benefits, SSI paperwork, financial aid benefits, and/orstudent schedule.
Applications will be processed only if all of the required information listed above is submitted. If the Monroe County YMCA receives an incomplete application, your request for financial assistance will not be considered.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following conditions must be agreed upon in order to receive financial assistance:
- The individual or family household must use the YMCA facilities at least 12 times per month. After six months, the individual or family household usage of the facility will be evaluated. Failure to honor this requirement will result in membership termination. If the usage requirement has been met, the membership will be extended for another six months.
- If the individual or family member fails to make two consecutive payments on time, the membership will be terminated.
- The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the 2020 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
FA applications for YMCA Summer Camps will be accepted in March of 2020. This process is entirely separate from the current membership application process.
Receiving Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Applicants will receive an approval or denial letter by December 31, 2019 regarding the outcome of their financial assistance application. Please do not contact the Y prior to this date inquiring about the status of your application.
If you are approved, financial assistance must be redeemed starting Thursday, January 2 through Friday, January 31, 2020.